It’s almost Thanksgiving and this year our family has been reflecting a lot on how God has worked in our lives, blessed us beyond measure. Both my husband and son have given their lives to Christ this year, both grown so strong in their faith. He has provided all we need – a wonderful Church, friends, family, our homestead, plenty to eat, guided our home school studies. A hunger to know God deeper more fully has gripped us all, countless evenings spent discussing new insights, favorite readings, discussing questions. We are blessed, thankful, grateful, and I want to do more to show the world the love God has showered on us, to share that love with them. So I found 10 things – 10 things that will help me to do just that. They are:
- Pray without ceasing – For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray and make request for you, that ye may be filled with the knowledge of his will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding,
- Answer without arguing – Better is a dry morsel and quietness therewith, than an house full of feasting with strife.
- Share without pretending – but speaking truth in love, may grow up in all things into him, which is the head, even Christ;
- Enjoy without complaint – Do all things without murmurings and disputings;
- Trust without wavering – beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
(1 Corinthians 13:7)
- forbearing one another, and forgiving each other, if any man have a complaint against any; even as the Lord forgave you, so also do ye:
- – Hope deferred maketh the heart sick: but when the desire cometh, it is a tree of life.
- Ye know this, my beloved brethren. But let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:
- – He that giveth answer before he heareth, it is folly and shame unto him.
- Give without sparing – There is that coveteth greedily all the day long: but the righteous giveth and withholdeth not.
10 things, simple things, profound things. Jesus things. After all that’s who I want to be like, Jesus.